Bridging the gap between hot mess and Pinterest perfection.
I am a small town Alabama mom, skincare enthusiast with a new love for makeup, proud supporter of the business mullet, and motivator with dreams of a clean home. Obsessed with: Tacos, coffee, target, and my fluffies. Read on for the rest!
Most days you can find me at home in yoga pants playing outside with my girls and our growing number of “pets”, or inside trying to figure out how on earth my house got messed up AGAIN. I never pass up an excuse to go to Target to sip my Starbucks and stroll the dollar spot and home decor.
I am passionate about sharing my journey from struggling hot mess mom that had zero time for myself to somehow bridging the gap to Pinterest perfection (it is like a unicorn, it doesn’t exist).
I was so tired of struggling though the day and wishing away hard and busy seasons of life. Instead, I choose to chase joy daily while being the best Christian, Wife, Mom, and version of me possible. What does that look like? It is different for us all, for me it is….
–> Keeping my family clean and healthy (less toxins and processed foods) while giving myself Grace about the corndogs in the freezer.
–> Embracing the messy. Saying yes to mud puddles and crafts and then having the girls help me clean up.
–> Saying NO to busy. It is HARD to be intentional with our time but so worth it.
–> Making time for ME! For me that is working out, eating healthy, devotionals, reading books, photography, taking care of my skin, putting on makeup, and long phone calls with friends. Filling my cup allows me to give so much more.
If you’re dying to hear more, here are five things you might not know about me.
1. I have been in the skin care industry (off and on) for 10 years. I never once learned to apply makeup properly and just recently learned to love exploring it.
2. I grew up in a small town on the Oregon border and tried to get away from the small town life. Now my dream is to own a little farmhouse and land so we can have our own little homestead.
3. My husband was in the military for 11 years and recently got out. We decided to move to Alabama to be near his family and start working toward our dream home. Right now we have chickens, and new kitten AND puppy but I see baby goats in my near future.
4. I am actually a natural blond that went dirty blond as I got older. I have had an obsession with red hair for as long as I can remember but after a terrible box dye job in high school, I was afraid to try again. In college the hair stylist at the beauty boutique I worked at trained me in hair color so now I do my own dye job.
5. I shut down my photography business when I was pregnant with my second daughter. The passion for photography started when I was younger and learned on a film camera and I am sure it will never die. As of now, I just photograph my girls, our chickens, and a lot of food but maybe someday in the future I will open my business again.
Still here? Let’s connect!
Sign up for Nikkie’s newsletter to get instant access to freebees, makeup tutorials/inspo, and sales. I promise I wont spam you. Your newsletters will be filled with inspiration, tips to stop fretting over perfection and how to enjoy the body and life you have right now while working toward your goals, maybe a couple animal pictures…and of yummy and SIMPLE recipes that I tried out.